When was the last time you “asked for the close”? It doesn’t have to be real estate related. Think about a time where you had to make a decision on something and you turned to your family or friends for advice. Did you realize in that moment, that you were looking for people to help you “close” on your decisions?
Closing is essential in sales and yet most of us feel it’s “rude” to close, or we battle with the moral challenges behind closing.
Let’s take a look at the reality of closing:
- Closing is finding out what our Clients’ require and assisting and supporting them with our knowledge in making a healthy decision.
- It is up to us to “diagnose” the situation. They don’t have the same knowledge or access to information that we do. It is up to us to take leadership and guide them.
- Making big decisions can be confusing and there is a lot of fear attached to it. We are there to assist and support them during the process.
- Our clients are not attempting to be jerks! They’re making statements based on their limited experience. Again, it’s up to us to inform them so they can make the right decision for themselves and in some cases, their families.
- When we see their fear kick in… We must be there to assist them in understanding the process, or to move them in a direction that is better for them.
- We must respect our clients ‘wishes… Never pressure a client to do something they shouldn’t do and never pressure a client to buy something they shouldn’t buy.
Closing is assisting and supporting people during their decision process. By keeping them informed with current information, we are enabling our clients to make the right decision for themselves and/or their family.
Written by: Sandra Porretta, Achievement Coach